The Pango rendering pipeline takes a string of Unicode characters, converts them it into glyphs, and renders them on some output medium. This section describes the various stages of this pipeline and the APIs that implement them.
- breaks a piece of text into segments with consistent direction and shaping
properies. Among other things, this determines which font to use for each
pango_itemize_with_base_dir()to itemize text.
- converts characters into glyphs. Use
pango_shape_with_flags()to shape text.
- Line Breaking
- determines where line breaks should be inserted into a sequence of glyphs.
pango_break()determines possible line breaks. The actual line breaking is done by
- adjusts inter-word spacing to form lines of even length. This is done by
- takes a string of positioned glyphs, and renders them onto a surface. This is
accomplished by a
PangoRendererobject. The functions
PangoRendererto draw text onto a cairo surface.